Updates – December 2016:
Received #greatholidaynews today from two "ecstatic" renunciants who confirm that the wait time for CLNs is down to 2 – 3 months in Canada!
— Citizenship Lawyer (@ExpatriationLaw) December 17, 2016
Renouncing US citizenship in Canada? The State Dept. will soon be notifying how long it takes for appointments for specific locations in CA.
— Citizenship Lawyer (@ExpatriationLaw) December 26, 2016
New instructions to renounce or relinquish US citizenship in Canada – Email: CanadaCLNInquiries@state.gov to start: https://t.co/mWuVjloIa4
— Citizenship Lawyer (@ExpatriationLaw) February 17, 2016
It appears that the demand to renounce U.S. citizenship continues to grow.
For those who want to book appointments to relinquish or renounce U.S. citizenship in Canada:
- These new instructions have recently taken effect.
- In order to book an appointment you email: CanadaCLNInquiries@state.gov
- You will receive a reply that includes (see below)
- Note that you are not permitted to have an “attorney” with you at the appointment
- You must also complete the questionnaire which is here: